Your face and tissues in your mouth change over the years. Your dentures are rigid and do not change as your body does.
These changes happen gradually and you may not notice them.
Your appearance and comfort can be compromised the longer you delay in receiving care from your denturist.
Tell tail signs that you should not ignore;
- sore and irritated tissues
- problems with chewing certain foods
- thinning lips, sagging mouth, a change in facial features
- dentures falling out when speaking or laughing
- a denture that is discoloured
- a denture that has an unpleasant odour
- headaches, neck, or ear pain
- when you are no longer wearing your denture/s
Dentures commonly should be replaced every 5 years. Make sure you know what your options are.
Come and see us for a free consult.